Thursday, January 24, 2008

Busy-ness

Been busy with work and other activities. And in a short span of 1 week, mum's eldest bro passed on, followed by dad's eldest bro. Time flies and we are getting old...

Been attending the keyboard class once a week. And while I thought I belong to the beginners group, the instructor recommended that I take the WDI class instead since I have classical training. Glad that they are flexible to allow us to transfer class just like that, otherwise I will still be learning basics in identifying the black keys (chopsticks and forks!).

And yes, it has been an amazing journey in just a few weeks as I finally figured out what are the '4' and '2' suspended notes, why use suspended notes, how to play the Maj7, Min7 and Dom7 chords on a keyboard, and the common type of chord progression. The instructor has been great, very encouraging and able to multi-task well! She taught us to play the keyboard and worship meaningfully at the same time. But I am still far from being able to play by ear, so that will take time to master...

Been watching Korean drama lately :p We didn't catch the Korean wave in the past couple of years, and thought we shouldn't even try in case we get hooked. But one day while channel surfing, I came across this show 'Coffee Prince' and we were instantly hooked. It's a comedy cum romance, makes you laugh and love at the same time. The characters in the show are loveable and I fell in love with the soundtrack too. The set (coffee house) where they film the show has become a tourist attraction. And check out the black Mini Cooper Convertible driven by the protagonist ... my kind of car! :)

No comments: