Monday, January 7, 2008

Music and Me

Since young, I have always thought that I should serve in the Music ministry. But as the years went by, I realised that I am far from being like my gifted friends who are able to play the keyboard by ear, improvise and compose music so effortlessly. I do not have a dynamic controlled voice to sing like the others. So I almost gave up...

I was in the school choir from elementary school all the way to college. I was in the worship team in SG and TO, and also part of a small singing group with fellow MYFers - Just Us. Those were the days, eons ago :) Over the years, I have been with the church choir and now with V choir. I joined the V choir as I found meaning in the choir's vision, which is to raise funds and reach out through songs. And on top of that, I have been chosen to serve in the committee this year.

As there is a need for pianist at LS service, I still play the piano saved by the hymnal with music notes. And thanks to Ser who donated her lovely keyboard, I could practise the songs at home. So somehow I think God is still leading me to serve in the area of Music, and despite feeling so limited in many ways, He has opened doors.

So starting tomorrow, I will be attending a beginners keyboard class at Believer Music. Ser took the course some years back and recommended it, but I just never got around to it. I pray that I will be able to express myself better after taking the course, and hopefully play by ear some day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

ShanMing 善明 said...

Hey pal,

Glad to hear you've signed up with Believer Music. You'll love it! :)

Ser

Penseur said...

Glad that I have too! But I have stopped for the time being. Too busy.