Friday, May 11, 2007

Honked

It all happened yesterday. My colleagues had a whale of a time doing up an artwork for the spare tyre cover at the back of my car. Some also left the office with me in a convoy and took lots of pictures in excitement. They mentioned that the luminious orange sign and glittery flying streamers can be sported from afar! Of course I was oblivious to the prank and drove from the west to central of SG!


There were sporting drivers who honked at me along the way. There was also this car load of people that drove alongside on the highway with their windows wound down screaming and waving hysterically at me. I glanced at them and thought: "Do I know these people??" After picking Sam up, I drove home and parked head in only to realise the gaudy artwork behind the car. Gosh!

We had a good laugh today, but not before I replaced the artwork with 'Go back to work' and kept cool when I got to the office. They thought that I was still unaware of the prank and went to check on the car. I was told that if I had not discovered the sign, they would have replaced it with 'It's my birthday today' instead of 'tomorrow'. Phew! :p

Well, this is a revenge of the prankster, cause we had a similar prank on one of the colleagues 2 years back, though the decor was not so gaudy and elaborated! This reminded me of those IJ days when we used to have lots of tricks up our sleeves.


They ordered in pizza for lunch, had home-made banana shake and raspberry cheesecake today. And they surprised me with a bouquet of flowers too! They had obviously put in much effort into this day. Thank God for fun and thoughtful colleagues! :)