Monday, April 14, 2008

The Greenhouse

I'm supposed to be on a diet, or at least watch my diet cause I've not done anything about the 5 kg I'm supposed to loose since ... 3 yrs back?

Well, one of my bro decided to buy parents dinner for his birthday and a job promotion. He invited us to tag along but go on dutch. And so we did...

It was my first time at the Greenhouse at the Ritz. And no, it's not in a Greenhouse. Boy, am I blown away by the sumptuous and wide buffet spread, a haven for seafood aficionados. There's fresh scallops, oysters, slipper lobster, shashimi, chilli crab, cold crab, drunken prawn, stir-fry prawn etc just to name a few. There goes my diet...

For dessert, there's creme brulee, nice and warm chocolate souffle that melts in your mouth, assorted chocolate pralines, chocolate mousse cake and variety of other fruits and dessert. I only managed to indulge in half of the buffet spread.

The dinner cost us a pretty penny, but it's all worth it. It's been a few days, and I'm still thinking about the food... so yes, it's that good.

After dropping the folks off after dinner, we decided to take a stroll along Clarke Quay. Well, it's just our feeble attempt to get the food down our digestive system instead of up to our brains ...

No comments: