Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Race

This morning my co had a team building event. I do not look forward to such event, especially since most of my colleagues were not participating in it.

The meeting point was at West Coast Park. The event turned out to be like the amazing race, where we were given clues to each station. The marshals at each station will then give us tasks to perform before we could get our next clue to proceed to the next station. Accompanying the clues were letters of the alphabets that eventually formed the word 'Motivate'.

There were a total of 8 stations. Some of the stations were in the park itself, while we had to take public transport to other places like the Pasir Panjang wholesale market, the NUS Cultural Centre and Hwa Par Villa. Our team came in a tie for the first place, and eventually lost to the other team in a tongue twister contest.

Well, I did not have as much fun cause I did not know most of my team members. And there was a young punk whom I met for the first time ever who snapped at me a couple of times for whatever reason I have no idea. Sheesh. I'm quite sure I won't have to work with him or see him again. Thank God for that. There are really strange people out there and I hope they won't cross my path ever again! Ever! Yes, yes, love thy neighbour...but God, please just let me love them from afar...

Coincidentally, Sam's office also had a similar sort of race yesterday. The difference is that theirs was a whole day event, but they didn't have to sacrifice their weekend! Anyhow, so glad that it's all over!

No comments: