Monday, November 12, 2007

Holiday that came and gone

Been looking forward to winding down, relaxing and catching up with sleep.

Thur was a public holiday. We spent much of the day doing a thorough house cleaning as we were expecting guests on Sat. It's one of those days when we dished out the most anal side of us to ensure that the house is sparkling clean (almost).

In the evening, we attended the Choos' housewarming party. The party was a simple affair and a gathering of a few very old friends. SW led in the worship. Wilfred gave a short homily and prayed for the family. Indeed, we were reminded that it's not the house that makes the home but the family that lives in it.

For me the meeting of these old friends brought back memories of the MYF days, the much time we spent together serving, and growing in knowledge and fellowship with one another. How time flies. I have certainly changed as I am no longer the gregarious extrovert I used to be, no longer have the energy to keep up with the many friends that have in one subtle way or another made me who I am today.

'Twas quiet holiday that came and gone...

No comments: