Saturday, September 15, 2007

A Simple and Lovely Wedding

This evening we attended a wedding of an old friend, Wendy and her beau Tomas. It was held at Fort Canning Park. It was a simple wedding, with the solemnisation held outdoor on a lawn and a buffet dinner at Raffles House thereafter.

Tomas is Swede and they met in SG. Wendy has since left for Sweden with him in 2003 and has picked up a fair bit of Swedish. She loves to bake and despite her short visit actually made time to bake cookies for the wedding's pre-dinner reception. Tomas, what a lucky chap! :) Wendy reminds me so much of my late Godma...

Well, I was kind of looking forward to the wedding and to meeting the old friends. But at the same time I was feeling kind of jittery not knowing what to expect and how to react. It's been so many years and I do not know why we drifted apart, or rather why I am no longer in their lives. I do miss those days when we hung out at MYF and Sunday School. How I wish that time had stood still.

Now everyone's found a better half, and have families of their own. But I know one thing we have in common is God's love for us, and our kinship in Christ. Thank God for that.

No comments: