Thursday, September 20, 2007

Offertory

One of the songs we are practising for the upcoming concert is entitled 'Offertory' by John Ness Beck taken from the book of Micah 6:6-8. It meaningfully and simply shows God's basic requirements of us, which is to enact justice, embrace kindness and walk humbly with Him.

'With what shall I come before the Lord,
and bow myself before God on high?
Shall I come before Him with burnt offerings,
Shall I come before Him with yearling calves?
Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams,
with ten thousand rivers of oil?
Shall I give my firstborn for my transgressions,
the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
He has shown you, O man;
He has shown you what is good
And what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice,
and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly,
walk humbly with your God'

No comments: